Phone blowing up in ear

According to the gym-goer, he was working out when the wireless headphones began smoking. Apple's AirPods may be at risk of exploding, if one Florida man's experiences are anything to go by. When he came back, he found that the right ear bud had exploded, with the case showing signs of charring and the internal components laid bare. Mr Colon says he believes the gadget's battery was responsible for the damage. Speaking to local news station News Channel Eight , he added: You can see flame damage. An Apple spokeswoman told the news station that the firm is investigating the claims.

… this isn't the forums?

This is not the first time that a popular electronic product has hit the headlines for exploding. Jason Colon, from Tampa, ran to get help after he noticed the white smoke billowing from the device. Apple says it is investigating claims, which could have resulted in serious burns had the man not quickly removed the allegedly faulty gadget stock image. Samsung blamed two separate issues for numerous fires in the tablet smarphone hybrid.

The first was that the battery components in the Galaxy Note 7 did not fit in the battery's casing. This caused the battery cell's upper right corner to be crimped by the casing. The second affected the devices sent to replace the original faulty phones. These were caused by manufacturing issues, including poor welding at the battery manufacturer. We've always been largely unimpressed with the quality of Apple's EarPods headphones, and were hoping to see a dramatic improvement in their standard following Apple's acquisition of Beats in As a result, we are relieved the new lightning EarPods are so much better than their predecessors.

With the AirPods, Apple has created a bold new kind of wireless headphone, removing the annoyances of struggling to pair and remembering to turn them off to avoid battery drain. They're surprisingly good at staying put within your ear, and the battery life is commendable. The likelihood of losing them is real, but this fault lies in the hands of the consumer, rather than the manufacturer.

Woman's Headphones Explode In Her Ears On Airplane

We would, however, welcome a set of small buttons on one or both of the AirPods' stems to skip or replay tracks and change the volume while exercising, as Siri voice commands are just not suitable during exercise. Overall, the audio standard and brilliant pairing and charging technologies make AirPods an attractive prospect for Apple fans looking to invest in new wireless headphones for use across the entire product range.

They're not perfect, but for a first generation product, they're pretty good. The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline. Shamima Begum could use newborn's British nationality to return to UK - as she moans that stripping her of citizenship is 'unjust on me and my son'.

Scroll down for video. Share this article Share. Read more: While his phone was connected to the wall outlet, a young man from Ghana answered a call. This led the phone to short circuit and electrocuted the boy to death. He was rushed to the hospital but was announced dead upon arrival.

Woman's Headphones Explode In Her Ears On Airplane

Several tech experts say that the phone might have been a knock-off with inferior wiring which triggered short circuit. While giving his dog a walk, Dan Lefman suddenly felt that there was a burning in his pants. When he took out his LG enV smartphone, he found out that it had combusted. This left him with a burnt pair of khakis.


  • Will Your Headphones Explode?;
  • download tweetdeck for ipad free.
  • Apple investigating claims AirPods ‘blew up’ in man's ear.
  • The Droid Phone That Exploded And Blew Up A Guy's Ear? It Was Just Dropped, Says Motorola Source.
  • Will Your Headphones Explode? | Sound & Vision!
  • RELATED ARTICLES;
  • ?

After learning about the incident, Verizon said this was the first time they ever heard of an enV model catching fire. They finally sent Lefman a new model when the negative press sank in. A Chinese welder had his phone near his chest when it exploded, causing him to have broken ribs. His broken bone fragments pierced his heart and caused his death.

Many believe that the cause of the explosion was due to the lithium-ion battery blowing up as a result of the high temperature of his workplace.

Search form

Motorola questioned whether or not he used a fake phone or battery. This marked the first recorded fatality resulting from a cell phone explosion.

Eardrum about to 'EXPLODE' after Blocked Ear Wax Removal using Endoscopic Ear Microsuction part 6

Buy now! Unfortunately, the forums have been discontinued. All discussion has been moved to the comments section of our articles, so start clicking on the topics you're interested in to dive back into the conversation! Busting the Myth: Short-circuiting can cause a battery cell to overheat and possibly in turn overheat adjacent cells causing the entire battery to ignite To help avoid hazard, battery packs contain safety features such as circuitry that disconnects the battery when its voltage is outside a safe operating range.

All lithium-ion batteries have risks. Manufacturers must employ testing standards that are far more rigorous than with other types of batteries. One might casually counsel steering clear of sketchy battery companies, but in fact the battery suppliers for Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 were all top notch companies one of them was a Samsung subsidiary and another was the main battery supplier for iPhones. Even the best battery manufacturers cannot make perfect lithium-ion batteries. So, should we be worried by lithium-ion-powered headphones and other devices?

Not really. The odds of an explosion or fire are extremely low, perhaps one in a million. Still, safety is always a concern.

Because risks are inherent in any lithium-ion battery, consumers are best advised to understand the risk, adhere to any product recalls, and stay informed. To that end, consider articles on lithium-ion battery safety by Consumer Reports and Underwriters Laboratories. Bass Cows from Hell! Season Two Remaster Class: Search form Search.

Ken C. Perhaps you remember the story from two weeks ago. A woman pictured wearing headphones on a plane was burned when the headphones exploded and caught fire. The woman was relatively okay, but it's never good when a piece of gear catches fire, especially when it's on a plane and especially if it's near your face. With the rise of battery-powered headphones, are in-ear explosions yet another thing to worry about?